Valley View's Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is equipped with 16-beds, a cardiac catheterization lab and an on-site ambulance helicopter. Valley View is a designated chest pain center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC).
It is important to remember that the emergency room is for emergencies only. Emergency situations can be categorized as severe or painful conditions that -- if not treated immediately, can result in loss of life or limb.
Dial 911 or go immediately to the emergency room for the following conditions:
- Chest pain
- Severe shortness of breath
- Numbness in the face, arms and legs
- Other symptoms that may indicate a heart attack or stroke
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Automobile or industrial accident
- Complicated fractures
- Major illness
- Head injuries
- Suicide attempts or thoughts
For minor illnesses or injuries that require advanced care or at times when regular primary care physicians are not available, urgent care can offer relief. Valley View Medical Center's affiliated Crossroads Urgent Care is conveniently located at 3641 Highway 95 (at the Mohave Crossroads --Target Center Shopping Mall) in Bullhead City. The facility is open Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Urgent Care offers in-house X-rays and testing for diabetes, urinalysis, EKG, pulmonary function and lab.
Choose the urgent care center for the following conditions:
- Minor cuts, burns and wounds
- Minor eye injuries, infections or irritations
- Severe cold and flu symptoms
- Muscle aches and pains
- Persistent fever
- Severe earaches
- Upset Stomach
- Other non-life threatening but urgent needs
The Urgent Care provides school and sports physicals for $15 (Cash or credit cards only. Receipts are available for insurance or medical flexible account submissions.) No appointment necessary.