Labor and Delivery
Our number one goal is a healthy mom, baby and family unit, and that your labor and birth are a positive experience. Our compassionate and caring staff is knowledgeable and able to provide you with the care and comfort you need at all stages of your labor.
Valley View Medical Center's Labor and Delivery Unit has 7 private suites as well as a triage suite. We embrace the family-centered care model which allows your baby to stay with you in your room. Research proves that Labor and Delivery, Recovery, Postpartum, and well-baby care go hand-in-hand with the bonding experience. Family-centered care, for maternity care means that fathers and support persons are invited to participate in the child's birth. Siblings are encouraged to visit.
Want to see if a delivery at Valley View is right for you? Schedule a tour by calling 928-788-7094
Your journey after delivery
After your delivery you will stay in one of our comfortably furnished mother-baby care rooms. All items needed for care are conveniently stowed behind the headwalls for a homey atmosphere. On your first postpartum day you and a guest will receive a special congratulatory meal including a bottle of sparkling cider signed by your care staff team.
For more information, or to schedule a tour, please call 928-788-7094
A caring approach to advanced technology
Our physicians and staff combine caring expertise with innovative practices and advanced technology and are prepared to handle:
- Low and high risk vaginal deliveries
- Cesarean section deliveries
No matter your journey
Our labor and delivery unit has been built to deliver the best birthing experience possible. Our labor and delivery unit features:
- Eight labor-delivery rooms
- Operating Room support, readiness and accessibility for Cesarean-sections
- 24-hour anesthesia and surgical capability
- In-house laboratory
- Complete bedside maternal-fetal monitoring
- Family-centered delivery
- Top priority support services to meet individual patient needs
Our mother and baby unit features:
- Private suites with a home-like environment
- All medical care items conveniently accessible
- Lactation consultant on staff
- Childbirth and parenting education classes
- WiFi access in both individual suites and waiting rooms
A comfortable "quiet room" waiting area is available for family/visitor use. Our hospital lobby conveniently features a coffee cart with specialty drinks and snacks, a gift shop and a cafeteria refreshment area.