Volunteer Services / Auxiliary
At Valley View Medical Center, volunteers are an essential part of our healthcare system. Their caring and generous spirits make a difference everyday - One person at a time!
Whether you are a retiree wanting to give back to the community, a student exploring careers, or you just have the desire to help others, each volunteer provides service that enhances the patient and family experience.
What do Volunteers do?
Volunteers help in many areas of the hospital. Our goal is to find the perfect fit, matching your interests with our needs. Here are some examples:
- Greeters at the front information desks, lobby, lab and radiology
- We stop by patient rooms to chat or see if there is anything they need.
- Liaison for families in the Outpatient Surgery Waiting Area
- Gift Shop Clerk-This is the heart of the Auxiliary as it is where the majority of our funds are earned for the various programs we support, such as scholarships, Angel Tree and project Cover Up. The gift shop is staffed entirely by the volunteers.
- Newspaper delivery each morning
What are the requirements?
- Attend new employee orientation where you will become acquainted with the Valley View Medical Center and our team
- Receive an annual Flu Shot
- Receive a TB test
- Commit to a minimum of 45 hours of service per year
- Ability to take direction and assignments
- Be friendly and courteous to each other and to everyone you encounter
- Maintain a positive Service Excellence attitude by demonstrating care and concern for each patient and their families.
- Maintain the Valley View Code of Conduct and etiquette
- Adhere to patient confidentiality and Infection Control regulations
- Must be 18 years old